Friday, April 13, 2012

I am receiving an Award......WOW!!!!




I am receiving an Award......WOW!!!!
April in Ashley Hall School
The Tuesday before Easter I received a call from Kathy Bates, who had been my English teacher at Ashley Hall, and is now a good friend of mine. Her message blew me away. I was so stunned. Classmates Christie Pirrung and Cherry Payne nominated me. Whew!.... what to make of all this. Just wanted to share it with all of you.

Dear Caroline,

Each year the Ashley Hall Alumnae Association recognizes three distinguished alumnae for their outstanding achievements in the arts, community service or their chosen profession. The Crandall Close Bowles ‘65 Award honors an alumna who exhibits outstanding achievement in her chosen profession. Mrs. Bowles, for whom the award is named, is Chief Executive Officer for Springs Industries, the second largest Fortune 500 company in the state. I am very pleased to announce that this year, the Alumnae Association has chosen to honor you as the 2012 recipient of this award for your outstanding achievements as the CEO of Caroline’s Cakes.

Past recipients of the Crandall Close Bowles Award include Martha Rivers Ingram ’53, chairman of Ingram Industries; Nancy Hawk Hadley ’67, a shellfish biologist with the Marine Resources Division of the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources; and Helen Turner Hill ’81, executive director of the Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Congratulations on this honor. I hope that you will be able to join us for the luncheon Saturday, April 14, 2012, at 12:00 p.m. to receive this award. Please feel free to invite members of your family and friends to join you. For more details, please contact Stephanie Tecklenberg in the Alumnae Office at (843) 965-8454. I look forward to congratulating you in person!

Hugs,

Kathy Vansant Bates ‘65
Chairman, Alumnae Awards Committee

No comments: